Wyandot County Engineer's Highway Department
The Highway Department of the Wyandot County Engineer's Office is responsible for all force account projects as well as the general day to day maintenance and seasonal maintenance of all roads on the County roadway system including all bridges on the County and Township roadway system. This includes ditching and drainage projects, striping of roads, signing, patching, pavement repair, bridge replacement & repair, berm work, guardrail repair, mowing, brush and weed control, and snow and ice control. Also included is emergency maintenance such as storm damage, downed trees, high water and flooding problems, and any debris that poses an immediate safety hazard to the motoring public.
Snow and ice control is one of the more visible activities performed by the Wyandot County Engineer's Office. Winter weather can keep road crews busy whether it's a little bit of ice or a lot of snow. Crews have to be out just the same although the method of treatment may vary depending upon what type of winter conditions we are fighting. Our goal is to make your commute safe. For more information please check out Wyandot County’s Winter Weather Policy.
In order to provide the services listed above the Wyandot County Engineer's Highway Department is also responsible for purchase, repair and routine maintenance on a multi-million dollar equipment inventory of trucks and heavy construction equipment necessary for day to day operations.
Operations and Maintenance
- Road and Bridge Maintenance
- Ditching and drainage, culvert installation, painting and striping, pothole patching, bridge repair, berm work, guardrail repair, mowing, brush and weed control, snow and ice control
- Emergency Maintenance
- Storm damage, downed trees, high water and flooding problems, debris
- Traffic Operations
- Maintenance of traffic signs and pavement markings
- Fleet Maintenance
- Maintenance and upgrade of on- and off-road vehicles and equipment
- Safety Training of personnel on safety procedures to ensure compliance with OHSA regulations Building and grounds upkeep
Wyandot County Engineer's Highway Garage
320 N. Warpole Street
Upper Sandusky, OH 43351
(419) 294-2381 Voice
(419) 294-1627 Fax
Hours of Operation Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Summer Hours of Operation
(4 - 10 Hour Days)
Monday through Thursday 6:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.